Welcome to Costco Rewards, where you can learn about all the ways to save money at your favorite bulk retailer. From secret tips to insider deals, we’ll help you make the most of your next Costco trip. Thanks for stopping by!
Costco Rewards Program
No matter where you shop, you want to feel confident that you’re getting the best possible value for your hard-earned dollar. That’s why we offer the Costco Rewards program.
When you sign up for Costco Rewards, you’ll earn points on every purchase you make at Costco. You can then use those points to save money on future purchases. It’s our way of saying thanks for being a loyal customer.
In addition to the points you’ll earn on your everyday shopping, you’ll also get exclusive access to special deals and coupons. So be sure to sign up today and start saving!
How to Earn Costco Rewards
To earn Costco Cash Rewards, simply shop at Costco and use your eligible Costco membership card. There is no minimum purchase required, and you can earn rewards on virtually everything we sell. Gasoline* is excluded at U.S. locations; Canadian locations exclude gasoline, diesel fuel, right tires, propane, money orders, reloadable prepaid cards, totem poles and other items as determined by law. Purchases of alcohol, cigarettes and tobacco are ineligible for earning Costco Cash Rewards in certain states/provinces where prohibited by law.
Your 2% Reward will be deposited into your account approximately six weeks after your Marchstatement closes. (September for business members.) If you do not have a current U.S./Canadian billing address on file with us when your Reward is issued, a check will automatically be mailed to the address we have on file for you.
You can also redeem these Reward points at their eating hall.
How to Use Costco Rewards
To take advantage of your hard-earned Costco rewards, simply present your membership card at any U.S. Costco warehouse, gas station, or online at Costco.com. When using your rewards online, you will be prompted to enter your 19-digit membership number found on the back of your card, along with the 5-digit PIN you created when you registered for an online account.
Tips for Maximizing Costco Rewards
If you’re like most Costco shoppers, you love the store but maybe don’t know how to make the most of your membership. From earning rewards to taking advantage of exclusive member savings, there are lots of ways to get the most out of your Costco membership. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your Costco Rewards.
- Use a Cash Back Credit Card for Purchases – One of the simplest and most effective ways to maximize your Costco Rewards is to use a cash back credit card for all of your purchases. By using a cash back credit card, you’ll earn rewards on every purchase you make, which can add up quickly. Just be sure to pay off your balance in full each month to avoid interest charges.
- Use the MyPoints Shopping Portal – Another easy way to boost your Costco Rewards is to shop through the MyPoints shopping portal. When you shop through MyPoints, you’ll earn additional points or cash back on your purchases. Plus, MyPoints often runs bonus point offers that can help you earn even more rewards.
- Shop During Double Cash Back Events – Occasionally, Chase will offer double cash back on all Chase Freedom categories, which includes gas stations and warehouse clubs like Costco. When this promotion is running, it’s a great opportunity to earn extra rewards on your purchases. Just be sure to activate the bonus categories each quarter in order to qualify for the double rewards.
- Redeem Your Rewards for Travel – If you have the Chase Freedom Unlimited card, you can redeem your rewards for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. When you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you’ll get a 25% bonus on your points. For example, if you have 10,000 points , you can redeem them for $125 worth of travel . Or, if you have 20,000 points, you can redeem them for $ 250 worth of travel. Plus , there are no blackout dates or restrictions when redeeming your points for travel. So, if you have some FlexPoints laying around , this is a great way to use them.
- Transfer Points To an Airline Partners – If You Have a Premium Chase Card With Ultimate Rewards Another great way To use Your ultimate rewards Points is To transfer them To one Of Chase ’s airline partners . If You Have The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Or The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card , You Can Transfer Your Points To One Of these partners.
- United Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
Best Ways to Use Costco Rewards
Costco offers two different types of memberships: the Gold Star Membership and the Executive Membership. Both memberships come with their own set of perks and benefits, but the Executive Membership has a few extra benefits that make it worth the annual fee.
One of the biggest benefits of the Executive Membership is the 2% reward on eligible Costco purchases. This reward can be used like cash at any Costco location or it can be redeemed for travel through Costco Travel. The 2% reward is also one of the biggest reasons to get an Executive Membership, but there are other benefits that make it worth considering.
Here are some of the best ways to use your Costco rewards:
- Use them for gas. Costco sells gas at a discounted price, and you can use your rewards to pay for up to $500 of gas per year. This benefit alone can save you hundreds of dollars per year if you drive a lot.
- Use them for travel. As mentioned above, you can use your rewards to book travel through Costco Travel. This includes flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, and more. You can even use your rewards to pay for part of your trip if you don’t have enough cash on hand.
- Use them for groceries. One of the great things about Costco is that they offer a wide variety of grocery items at a discounted price. You can use your rewards to pay for part or all of your groceries each month, which can save you a lot of money over time.
- Use them for home improvement supplies. Another great thing about Costco is that they offer discounts on home improvement supplies like lumber, appliances, and more. You can use your rewards to pay for part or all of these purchases, which can help you save money on big-ticket items.
- Use them for dining out. If you often dine out at restaurants, you can use your rewards to pay for part or all of your bill each time you eat out. This can help you save money on dining expenses each month
Costco Rewards vs. Other Programs
When it comes to rewards programs, Costco’s is one of the most popular. The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi offers great benefits for those who frequently shop at the warehouse club. However, there are other rewards programs out there that might be a better fit for you, depending on your spending habits.
Here’s a closer look at how Costco’s rewards program stacks up against two other popular options — the American Express Membership Rewards® program and the Chase Ultimate Rewards® program.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
With the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, you’ll earn 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter. You’ll also earn 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases, 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. There is no annual fee with this card if you have a Costco membership ($60 membership fee).
American Express Membership Rewards® Program
The American Express Membership Rewards® program lets you earn points for every dollar you spend. You can then redeem your points for travel, gift cards, merchandise or statement credits. With this program, there is no limit to the amount of points you can earn and your points never expire. There are over 25 different types of American Express cards that earn Membership Rewards points, including charge cards and credit cards with annual fees ranging from $0-$550.
Chase Ultimate Rewards® Program
With the Chase Ultimate Rewards® program, you’ll earn points for every dollar you spend that can be redeemed for travel or transferred to one of Chase’s airline or hotel partners. With some Chase cards, you can also redeem your points for cash back, gift cards or experiences through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
There is no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this program and your points never expire as long as your account remains open and in good standing. There are over 15 different types of Chase cards that earn Ultimate Rewards points, including co-branded cards with annual fees ranging from $0-$450 .
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I redeem my Costco Rewards?
You can redeem your Costco Rewards online, by phone, or in person at any Costco location.
How long do I have to redeem my Costco Rewards?
Your Costco Rewards are valid for one year from the date they are issued.
What is the value of my Costco Reward?
Each Costco Reward is worth $1.00 toward the purchase of merchandise at any Costco location.
In conclusion, the Costco Rewards program is a great way to save money on your groceries. It is user-friendly and easy to use, and it provides a variety of benefits that can help you save money on your grocery bill.